[Public-List] Solar

John Boor via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Jun 19 19:28:45 PDT 2016

To get back the 50Ahrs you must also include system drawn during the day
light hrs.  When I installed my panels I derated the panels by 50% to take
into account morning and evening low angle of the sun.  As an example I
had 185w panels and considered the available power to be at the most 90w
for the day.  even after that I never expected to recharge the batteries
completely instead to suppliment usage, when I was anchoring I could go a
minimum of 5 days before I had to use the engine.  In most cases I was
never in one place that long before I moved, BTW I had 400Ahrs of
batteries.

John Boor
Ex MAHSEER #380