[Public-List] Cutless Bearing

via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Mar 13 18:20:17 PDT 2016

I’ve got #76 on the hard and have to replace the cutless bearing. Any direction as to where a quality replacement can be found? Also, there appears to be 2 set screws on either side of the bearing housing ( shaft log? ), They appear to be filled with bottom paint. I’ve been told by an experienced boat mechanic that these are supposed to be holes to allow water into the bearing housing to cool it while under power. Can anyone shed some light on this suggestion?
Thanks In Advance,
Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10