[Public-List] Manual Bilge Pump Installation

Jonathan Bresler via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 24 05:28:57 PDT 2016

Folks,

Seems that manual bilge pump are often installed through the vertical side
of the cockpit foot well.  The result is that the handle must be moved
vertically, up and down.  The handle needs to move 11-1/2" inches.
 Appears that the lower end throw is about 5-1/2" below the pivot point, or
so I am guessing.  Measuring 5-1/2" up from my fist when my arm hangs loose
at my side comes out to be about level with the top of the seat on which I
am sitting.  The operator of the pump has to either sit on the cockpit sole
or sit on the seats and hunch over to reach down to the bottom of the
handle's throw.

Anyone ever seen an installation of a manual bilge pump for side to side
action or even on the flat of the cockpit seats so that the action is from
front to back while sitting next to the installed pump.  Realize that
sitting on the pump cover aint gonna be the most comfortable position.

Whale Titan specs:
https://www.defender.com/pdf/Gusher_Titan_Installation.pdf

Jonathan

--