[Public-List] Continued Fitment questions on Boom Vang choice

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Nov 3 06:49:13 PDT 2016

I know people pound the table spilling each other's beer about fixed vs
sliding goosenecks... I like mine to move on it's track.  Why?  I just do,
that's why.

I don't think rigid vangs require fixed goosenecks.  Nor should they impose
higher loads than tackles...

Gord #426 Surprise

PS  Pim of WINDWARD and I are just back from the 2016 Misery Trip.  This
year's expedition, although later in the season, was a sore disappointment
in that there was no misery.  We romped SURPRISE north out of Severn Sound
running and broad reaching touching seven knots on occasion getting to our
anchorage at Bone Island way too soon. We lounged and lay about all
afternoon, had a good supper out in the cockpit under lights hung from the
boom, admired the stars, slept in comfort, woke up in a not particularly
chilly cabin, ate a hearty breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage... Then
motored home in an incredible glassy calm in warm air.  Damn.  No misery.

I was thinking we'd have to go again in order to find the suffering we were
looking for, but my wife preempted that by volunteering to help me strip
down the rig in preparation for haul out Saturday.  So now it's too late, we
can't go again.

On 2016-11-03, 9:39 AM, "Wes Gardner via Public-List"