[Public-List] Continued Fitment questions on Boom Vang choice

Wes Gardner via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Nov 4 06:24:38 PDT 2016

Yes, I do have a picture of my vang arrangement.  I think years ago, my
boom was set up for roller reefing and also on a track where a downhaul
could provide luff tension.

Here's the link.  When I raise my main, the boom is pulled up the gooseneck
track almost to the top.  When I'm on the wind in 10 kts or so, I start to
pull tension on the outhaul which pulls the boom down a few inches thus
providing some downhaul affect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk2bxwrada4etpc/Vang.jpg?dl=0