[Public-List] storing salon and v-berth cushions

via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Wed Nov 9 13:00:55 PST 2016

I know that most people take their boat cushions home for storage in
the winter. That said, I have run across a couple of people recently
in our boatyard who say that they leave cushions on the boat over the
winter and that they are just fine in the spring. I think they do put
dehumidification products in their boats for the winter. I live in a
place where it gets very cold in the winter. From December through
March highs are often below freezing and lows can be as low a -25 F.
I am interested in hearing from anyone who stores their cushions on
their boats and what their results are. Also interested in insights on
the science side of this question.
My thought is that not having to drag the cushions back and forth
eliminates one of the few things about my Alberg that feels like a bit
of a hassle.
Thanks for any thoughts you may have.
David