[Public-List] Volvo model 2002 owners: raw water pump & other spares info?

Kurt R via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Oct 11 02:49:34 PDT 2016

Hello all -

As I make preps to go get my A30 #429 (yay!) and bring her from Va down the
Ditch to SC, there are a few things mechanical I would like to have spares
of/for, and/or be able to fix on my own if they decide to stop working
underway.

First is the water pump; is there more than one kind which fits this
engine? What are the model or type numbers of the pump(s), so that I can
buy a spare and/or rebuild kit? Any special tools or knowledge needed when
rebuilding or swapping out this part? Impeller size/numbers?
Fuel - pump, filters, fuel hose size (both supply and return, in case of
tank gunk issues)
Alternator - is there more than one kind? is it reliable? What size/numbers
for the belt?
Any tips regarding running this engine? Other info that you know of, things
I have not considered?

The trip is some 450 miles, and I will be on the move 10+ hours per day.
Anything you can share which may help, will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog