[Public-List] Volvo model 2002 owners: raw water pump & other spares info?

John Boor via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Oct 11 05:52:24 PDT 2016

Kurt

While it is nice to have lots of spare parts perhaps for a 450 mile it is
a little overkill.  I did the trip from Ontario Canada to Miami once and
to the Bahamas once trips of over 1500 mile each way with no spares.
Before I left I had my A4 rebuilt and added fresh water cooling, along the
way I had a bent prop in Raratain Bay NY repaired, loose nuts on the
exhaust manifold at Titusville, overheating in Cape may canal due to
pluged water inlet and had alternator checked in Norfolk after the wire
came loose at the alternator terminal and shorted to ground causing a
little smoke and fire. No amount of spares would have helped with these
problems. My biggest gripe would have been having to replace the engine
oil every 50hrs (at 10hr per day once a week) but after talking to Moyer
Marine they said with the amount of motoring every 100hrs would be fine.
Anyway have a great trip.

John Boor
Ex MAHSEER #380