[Public-List] Repowering with a yanmar 2QM15

Bill Boyle via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Oct 10 06:09:32 PDT 2016

Hi Greg,
We have that diesel in our boat.  From what I know the motor comes with an attached transmission.  It's a Kanzaki-Carl Hurth KBW10.  They call it a reduction gear.  It was in the boat when we got it.  What I can tell you is it will move the boat at a solid 6.2-6.6 knots.  With a clean bottom it will do 7.  The one drawback with that motor is it's noise.   When it idles it sounds like some one is beating it with a hammer.  It will smooth out at higher RPMs but it still is loud.  Don't know off the top of my head the other answers.
Bill Boyle
Slainte  #129