[Public-List] Repowering with a yanmar 2QM15

Michael Grosh via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Oct 10 15:19:17 PDT 2016

On Oct 10, 2016 8:21 AM, "Greg Dawson via Public-List" <

> Dear all
>
> Quick question. Is your boat powered by a 2 cylinder Yanmar diesel?
specifically a 2QM15?

Yes

If yes can you tell me what transmission is on it and what is you prop
shaft diameter?

Shaft 7/8 I think. Tranny came with engine 2:1 reduction. 13X12 prop.

Is the final drive straight out or is it off set ? Did you fit it yourself
and how much work was involved in the converting the engine mounts from the
A4?

I did not. No converting the bed. Grind off all evidence and glass
encapsulate wood. Yanmar has an upgrade, or perhaps recall fix is better
word, for the mounts themselves. The originals tended to shear.

> I ask because I am looking at a second hand Yanmar and wondering if it
will fit my A30 without changing transmission etc.. Any help and advice
would be appreciated.

Gotta have the Yanmar trans.

> Happy thanks giving to all of you above the boarder.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Greg Dawson

Michael Grosh