[Public-List] Electric Auxiliary

Backfin via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Oct 14 08:28:32 PDT 2016

Everyone loves the idea of moving to electric propulsion especially in light of what we have seen in the auto market. Under the right conditions and needs, sure, electric systems work great. But transferring the same principles from car to boat don't typically work for those non-ideal situations. Pushing a non-planning hull through the water is like pushing a prius uphill... all the time. Once accelerated, a prius (and all vehicles for that matter) are exceptionally efficient, unlike our Albergs which still require the same amount of water to move out of the way for us to pass.

Just ask Nigel what propulsion he put in his boat once his Hybrid research concluded 2 years ago.

Matt