[Public-List] Electronic tachometer

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Aug 21 14:15:52 PDT 2017

Thanks Dan…

“…was a much bigger job than it looked like…”  oh dear, that is exactly what I was afraid of.

Well, I think I’m going to give it a go.

Gord
#426 Surprise

On 2017-08-21, 5:11 PM, "Public-List on behalf of Daniel Sternglass via Public-List" <public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org on behalf of public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

    On 8/21/2017 3:03 PM, via Public-List wrote:

    Gord,

    It is easy to install an electronic tach, you just wire it to 12V side
    of the coil, and set the switches on the back of the tach for the number
    of cylinders. If you have the original panel, the physical installation
    might be difficult. Alternatively, if your alternator has an appropriate
    sine wave output, you could use a diesel tach, but that is less likely.

    I upgraded my whole panel about 7 years ago, which was a much bigger
    project than it looked like, including re-plumbing for new sensors and
    the need to re-route major power wiring, since all the circuits had been
    tied to the ammeter directly. But what a joy to have a fully functional
    panel...

    --Dan Sternglass
    Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY--

    dans at stmktg.com
    office: +1607-257-3431
    mobile: +1607-592-8012

    Strategic Marketing Associates