[Public-List] Electronic tachometer

Daniel Sternglass via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Mon Aug 21 14:11:25 PDT 2017

On 8/21/2017 3:03 PM, via Public-List wrote:

Gord,

It is easy to install an electronic tach, you just wire it to 12V side
of the coil, and set the switches on the back of the tach for the number
of cylinders. If you have the original panel, the physical installation
might be difficult. Alternatively, if your alternator has an appropriate
sine wave output, you could use a diesel tach, but that is less likely.

I upgraded my whole panel about 7 years ago, which was a much bigger
project than it looked like, including re-plumbing for new sensors and
the need to re-route major power wiring, since all the circuits had been
tied to the ammeter directly. But what a joy to have a fully functional
panel...

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY--

dans at stmktg.com
office: +1607-257-3431
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates