[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3588, Issue 2

Gerard Kuperus gkuperus at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:17:38 PST 2017

Interesting: now one person states Gelinas' mast was shorter, another who says it was taller. I have a copy of the film so I will see if I can find it.

Went over to the boat this afternoon and it does always help to see everything in order to think about how this would all work. I got slightly distracted by a fishing sealion and two gulls fighting over what I think was a big rubber ball. One of them managed to hold it in his beak, which was quite impressive even while it looked quite ridiculous. Back to the issue at hand: I am thinking of a dedicated gin pole attached to a strong plug close to the base of the mast and using the aft lowers attached to a line or chain connected to the chainplates creating a hinging point in line with the mast hinge to keep the mast in line. This hinge point will also be the point to which the ginpole is connected with lines.

Thank you for all the advice!