[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3414, Issue 1

Bill McCoy via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sun Feb 12 04:46:02 PST 2017

Gordon, your unfortunate situation warrants the question as to the viability of that sheave for a proper line as it is metal and metal and fabrics don't go well together.   Just wondering if there is another kind of sheave made with more suitable material that would be similar to sheaves in our blocks that are kind to line?

skeep

I just replaced my topping lift and all halyards. The lift broke at the
wire to rope splice. As we were out on the Bay I pressed into service
one of the unused spinnaker halyards, but replacing the wire was a
problem, requiring two trips up the mast, which my wife does not like me
to do. I heartily recommend replacing halyards and the topping lift
before they break, and my main halyard looked fine just before the outer
sheath broke away from the core and jammed in the sheave, which was a
problem. I put a fully-rope halyard in place of the wire. It was thin
enough to work in the wire's sheave.

  - Gordon White, Brigadoon II

Subject: Digest Footer

These businesses support the Alberg 30 Association<http://www.alberg30.org/store/A30supporters.html>
www.alberg30.org
Please support these businesses that support the Alberg 30 Association: They support us. Please support them. Online Store; Association supporters; Recommended Books ...