[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

George Dinwiddie via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 2 12:58:20 PST 2017

On 3/2/17 3:39 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List wrote:
> I’ve seen good work done where missing metal is built up with
> brazing, then machined to spec.   Perhaps that’s the best way for you
> to go at this point.

It seems a weakness of these tiller heads is the tendency of the ears to
bend inwards. I highly suggest putting a bushing in there when you first
install it. I wish I had, as the helm started loosening up within a
month or so.

Still, from your description, Stephen, it sounds like you got a really
bum one that should have been rejected. I think they should at least
replace it with one that's built right. Have you tried calling Edson?

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org