[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 2 13:00:20 PST 2017

Yes, it would be best if Edson had a chance to redeem themselves.  They’re certainly should be capable of quality…

On 2017-03-02, 3:58 PM, "Public-List on behalf of George Dinwiddie via Public-List" <public-list-bounces at lists.alberg30.org on behalf of public-list at lists.alberg30.org> wrote:

    On 3/2/17 3:39 PM, Gordon Laco via Public-List wrote:
    > I’ve seen good work done where missing metal is built up with
    > brazing, then machined to spec.   Perhaps that’s the best way for you
    > to go at this point.

    It seems a weakness of these tiller heads is the tendency of the ears to
    bend inwards. I highly suggest putting a bushing in there when you first
    install it. I wish I had, as the helm started loosening up within a
    month or so.

    Still, from your description, Stephen, it sounds like you got a really
    bum one that should have been rejected. I think they should at least
    replace it with one that's built right. Have you tried calling Edson?

      - George

       I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org