[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

Stephen Gwyn via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Mar 2 15:13:05 PST 2017

Hi,

No I haven't contacted Edson yet. I haven't decided if I want to fight for
a refund or an exchange. The fundamental design is flawed however.
All the pressure is on the bolt and the holes it goes through. In the old one,
the pressure is on the inside of the arms of the tiller part pushing on the
sides of the part attached to the rudder stock. I'm going to take it to
a machinist who has looked at in the past. He suggest welding on material
and the machining it back to fit, but suggested that since it would cost
almost as much as a new part, I might as well buy a new part.

SG