[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 3 06:03:28 PST 2017

Good point Don –

I’ve got a friend who is in the habit of sailing with the tiller nearly vertical.  That’s a bad habit both from the point of view of loss of leverage but mostly because of the issue you describe below.

And all that reminds me of another friend who sails a full keeled boat, although not an A30, who has nearly five degrees or so of play in his rudder head.  He doesn’t care.  I guess one of the secrets of finding happiness and contentment is being able to decide what one is going to let get under one’s skin, but I’d have a hard time putting up with that.  Steering is the most intimate connection a sailor has with his/her boat… it should be good!

Gord
#426 Surprise

in a state of depression due to the return of winter.   Temperature here in Midland Ontario was +14C a few days ago… -10C again last night.  I know winter always gives one last blast in March, but….