[Public-List] Edson Tiller head

Kris Coward via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 3 10:05:42 PST 2017

In addition to having a machinist match the diameter of the new hole to
the outside diameter of the tube being installed as a sort of bushing of
sleeve to prevent wear, I'd recommend that in preparing to install the
tube, it be packed in dry ice. Alternately, take a torch to the tabs to
enlarge the holes a little (though if the tiller's already in there,
It'd probably need some protection from the fire). Ideally, do both,
and the tube should just glide right in as though the interference fit
were a sliding fit :)

There's a table of nominal/actual diameters and tolerances for that sort
of thing at http://www.engineersedge.com/class_v.htm

-K

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/