[Public-List] Tiller Bronze bracket wobble

picomar1957 via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Mar 11 05:22:36 PST 2017

You could try machine the head to shift hole oversize then add a bronze shim and then drill a hole to though bolt the head and shift I did this and have no play on tiller now not near boat or I would send a pic
SV Cassandra1966 Alberg 30#182

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device-------- Original message --------From: Bill McCoy via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org> Date: 3/11/2017  7:43 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: public-list at lists.alberg30.org Subject: [Public-List] Tiller Bronze bracket wobble
For you Alberg Savants:

Although my 1977 tiller bracket arm is sturdy and screws through tiller base are well put, the wobble at the connection (plated bronze parts) has seen many a hand pulling and pushing and overall provides about 4 to 5 inches of dead play at end of tiller.

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for this tiller to rudder replacement part which does not include wobble/wiggle and makes for direct action when underway?

Skeep