[Public-List] Tiller Bronze bracket wobble

Daniel Sternglass via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Sat Mar 11 12:23:03 PST 2017

> Re: [Public-List] Tiller Bronze bracket wobble
> From:
> picomar1957 via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
> Date:
> 3/11/2017 8:22 AM
>
> To:
> Bill McCoy via Public-List <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
>

> You could try machine the head to shift hole oversize then add a bronze shim and then drill a hole to though bolt the head and shift I did this and have no play on tiller now not near boat or I would send a pic
> SV Cassandra1966 Alberg 30#182
I'd second that motion. On my (also) 1966 A-30, a minimal amount of
milling on the head (by a machinist friend of mine), and some thin
bronze washers did the trick. It is also important to periodically
tighten the allen head bolt at the very end of the casting.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

dans at stmktg.com
office: +1607-257-3431
mobile: +1607-592-8012

Strategic Marketing Associates