[Public-List] Electricity Consumption

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 17 11:40:47 PDT 2017

Hello Jonathan –

Back in the ‘90’s when overseeing the refit of STV PATHFINDER, the sail training brigantine, we did a lot of investigating about charging needs.   We came to the conclusion that running the main engine for an hour each day was completely sufficient for charging needs, and was also very good for the engine.  We put a second high capacity alternator on the engine, and did away with the gen set.

Gord #426 Surprise