[Public-List] Electricity Consumption

Justin Riddle via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Fri Mar 17 11:58:39 PDT 2017

Jonathan,
It looks like your calculations are based on incandescent bulbs in your
fixtures. Is that the case or have you gone LED? An incandescent BA9S will
use 416mA whereas an LED will use 98mA. Switch to LEDs in all your nav
lights and cabin. That will significantly reduce your usage.
Your chartplotter backlight probably consumes most of those 10 watts
(approx 833mA.) Consider dimming the screen when it's not needed and you'll
generate some savings there too.
Maybe consider using a handheld rechargable VHF most of the time. I can go
for days without recharging mine. I don't usually need the power of the
mounted unit.
Anyway, 40amps over two days isn't bad but I think you can do much better.
And I think that addressing the lights would go a long way.

- Justin
Hiraeth #498

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM Jonathan Bresler via Public-List <