[Public-List] Use of Chisels

C.B. Currier via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Mar 21 05:06:40 PDT 2017

Use 24 grit 6" Sanding disks - more like fred flintstone glued rocks to
paper.
It is for floor sanding and takes the paint right off and gets you down
to gelcoat quick.
I poked holes in the paper for the vacuum to trap the dust. Worked quite
well.
I redid the whole hull one February - barrier coated and baltoplated.
I found the chemicals messy n slow, scraping (though I grew up scraping) not
effective enough as I still needed to get to gelcoat and then found the
sanding slow
- till I came across the 24 grit.

CB Currier
Infinity #57