[Public-List] Electricity Consumption

Mike Meinhold via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Tue Mar 28 12:35:20 PDT 2017

I carry a boathook when my depth sounder is out (as it has been for 2
years)   - we only draw 4'6 and have quite a low freeboad!

My wind instrument (installed by P.O) died about 4 years ago, the depth
sounder went 2 years ago and I only have speed, which is marginally useful.
Time to take out that giant useless panel

I use a handheld GPS and  chart, but also try to use all the available data
- marks, points, and towers. On the Chesapeake you can get very good
frequent fixes this way with handheld compass, chart and parallel rules.

With the GPS,  instead of constantly plotting position, I have sets of
rules I follow - such as I know I can cross a bar below a certain line of
latitude- so I  might tack over when the GPS reaches 39.00

Our Early Bird is a week from Saturday - I hope it's still woodstove
weather!

Mike

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:55 PM, George Dinwiddie via Public-List <