[Public-List] vent(s) for replacement holding tank

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:37:28 PST 2017

A friend of mine has an A30 with a single vent with no
problems. His tank is in the closet behind the head, so
and the run to the vent is very short.

On a related note:
How long has the installation described at:
http://www.alberg30.org/maintenance/Head/RaritanNewer/4-plumbing.html
which is uses PVC pipe instead of hose been in operation. The page says
one year, but I'm pretty it's been saying one year for 10 years now.

I've never understood why you can't use PVC pipe on a boat. You're always
told it will break as the boat flexes, but it will bend a lot more than a boat does.
The same guys that insist on selling you sanitation hose at 10$/foot instead
of cheap PVC pipe are perfectly happy to sell you a head with a PVC pump
unit.