[Public-List] Roller furling

Gordon Laco via Public-List public-list at lists.alberg30.org
Thu Sep 28 06:43:21 PDT 2017

In our Folkboat, which used hanked-on headsails, I rigged a downhaul only in heavy weather.  I sewed a small bronze ring to a hank about half-way up and when using the downhaul, ran the line through that.  Once the sail was set, I put light hand-tension on the downhaul (naturally this was totally overpowered by the upward tension on the halyard itself).   The combination of one ring and the light tension made the downhaul perfectly benign.

Gord
#426 Surprise