[Public-List] Refridgeration

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat Aug 11 18:32:43 PDT 2018

Hi there...   it’s only two days if there’s hardly any ice; which is quite remarkable    We get four days and more with a normal amount of ice.   We have very good insulation; and do not have the chest type ice box    We have 6” blue foam against the engine box plus foil to reflect radiant heat. 4” elsewhere. The lids have very good seals.

We’ve got a setup that’s about as good as an ice box can be... just wondering about no ice; or rather just enough to ‘coast’ between occasions when we’d run the fridge plant.

Well I’ll think about it over the winter.  We’re sailing in the morning so nothing is going to get done before we go...

Thanks.

Gord
#426 Surprise

Sent from my iPhone