[Public-List] Engine panel wiring

Tim Peek tmthypk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:31:25 PST 2018

Might be embarrassing myself here, but whatever. Better to be embarrassed than have a fire!

In December I attempted to re-wire and get all the engine panel gauges working. I believe I have, for the most part succeeded with it. I am having real trouble trying to figure out for sure what wire goes where and if I did it correctly. The engine does start, and the gauges appear to work, though I believe the water temp might be wrong. I have the wiring diagram but cannot figure out which terminal post is for what on gauges. My questions are this I suppose:

The engine gauges only work when the ignition key is on, but I have always turned that off because the fuel pump (pretty sure thats what it is) is annoying and makes a clacking noise. Giving that I have a diesel it keeps running without that going.
The other issue is just being sure the panel is wired correctly.
I am considering hiring a marine electrician. My question to the group is if anyone has advice they can pass on, be willing to come down to my boat on the Magothy to take a look for and tell me what I need to do or change. Or recommend someone?

Thank you all, as the same is with anything, learning, in large part is a combination of failing and asking questions.

Tim
Nevermore 219