[Public-List] Damn screws

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Jun 1 06:55:52 PDT 2018

Hello friends…

In our Voyager self steering vanes, we have stainless steel machine screws in our cast aluminium bodies… we bed the screws in waxy grease… we’ve tried many specialized compounds but have settled on what the Navy uses… that is the waxy grease that comes from the hardware store in the form of the donut used to seal toilet installations.  That stuff is incredibly tenacious… works very well for a long time.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com