[Public-List] Damn screws

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jun 3 06:30:53 PDT 2018

If you can arrange to the grinding within visual range of the screws in question, I expect you’ll find you gain heavily with regard to moral ascendancy over them.  I’m referring to the horror-inducing part of medieval torture procedure where the order ‘show him the instruments’ is given, and the various devices about to be used are uncovered.  That was intended as a last-chance for the object to reverse their resisting position and cooperate.  It works for screws resisting removal.  I’m picturing you chuckling as the sparks fly from the grinding wheel as you hone down your screw driver points to what will fit the screws better.   The room is in partial darkness but for a bit of a gleam on the screws tightly locked in place in the pump, on your workbench… that gleam also catching your eyes as the showers of sparks fly, and an evil chuckle comes from your throat…  quick glances from your work to the screw heads and back leaving no doubt as to what comes next…

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com