[Public-List] Replies

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Thu Jun 28 22:17:04 PDT 2018

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 11:04:59PM -0600, Zachary Smith via Public-List wrote:
> Huh...How many of you know what sed is?
>
> Zach
>
> On Thursday, June 28, 2018, Stephen Gwyn via Public-List <
>
> > George, can you run a
> > sed 's/^>.*$//'
> > (or the python equivalent) on these emails to get rid of the text included
> > in the replies?

Well George is running the mailing list, so it would make sense that
he'd know sed. That said, I'd be more inclined to use 's/^> >.*$//' than
the command that Stephen provided, since one level of quoted text seems
rather important to keep. This email is making use of a second level by
reference, so there's an argument for keeping 2, but I don't think it's
a terribly strong one (after all I could cut and paste Stephen's command
before the sed-based listmonster eats it, if I knew that were going to
happen). Of course, I still believe in bottom-posting, so...

tl;dr quite a few.

Cheers,
Kris

--