[Public-List] Traveller Install

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu May 3 13:30:51 PDT 2018

Hello friends,

If the boat is an apres hull number 400 as mine is, there will be a moulded in traveller bed - the traveller will still have to be bent onto it, but underneath there won’t be room for fender washers in the concave indent.  I used normal washers for the bolts… #10’s I think, and have successfully stressed the thing out in racing and cruising for more than ten years.  We’ve done some wild gybes and nothing broke, so I expect all is well.

I don’t believe there is any core in that area of the deck… it was solid fibreglass when I drilled the holes.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com
#426 Surprise

PS I was pleased to meet Daniel Swords aboard his A30 for a morning sail when I was in Louisiana.  Thanks for a very pleasant morning, Daniel.