[Public-List] Cracked Stern Tube - Laugh or Cry?

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Thu Sep 13 16:36:57 PDT 2018

Adding another voice to support the theory that it's probably the caulk
around the tube that's failing, rather than the tube itself. When I
replaced the cutless bearing on Candy Cane a few years ago, the tube
spun out of the hull when I was trying to unscrew the bearing housing
from the end of it. I recalked and reseated it without having to pull
the engine at all (though I did have to realign the engine afterwards),
since everything came out through the hull rather than the engine
compartment.

Cheers,
Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/