[Public-List] Wire gauge for mast lights

Michael Nikolich mike.nikolich550 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 21:21:26 PDT 2019

Christian,

The mast lighting wire in Skybird's mast is 14 AWG.  I haven't done any math to see if that is appropriate or overkill - the mast is down so I just looked inside at what was printed on the wire.  The wiring was done by the rigging company that prepped the mast for use after I bent the old one in 2013, so I didn't select the size. At the time all my lights were incandescent, so the riggers presumedly would have sized the wire based on those higher current draws.

Mike

Mike Nikolich
s/v SKYBIRD
Alberg 30 #550