[Public-List] Any easy recommendations for spacer in Genoa track?

jreadams6 laughing.gull.a30 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 12:59:09 PDT 2019

All, thanks for the comments - I went with Delrin - In terms of easy, they
all needed to be cut, and I figured if I was buying something and cutting
it down, I may as well buy Delrin and re use it when I get the teak to
rail  in place.

I may need a decent table saw to take it down from 1" to 3/4", and I may
take you up on your offer Towney.

I will send pics, I took off the toe rail and replaced it with a wider
piece of G10 1.75" x 1/4. I plan on putting a teak baton on that maybe 1"
thick to create a decent size toe rail without breaking the bank. The teak
will cover the G10. However, it does not look too bad without the teak. It
is a little fatter, but I wanted a wide base for the Genoa track. The old
toe rail set up of a 5/4 by 3+" toe rail was crazy. It was never going to
be water tight - well not if you sail the boat like I do :) While I am in
there, I am re gluing the hull deck joint, and fixing years of wear and
tear - You would not believe how many old bolts that were unused or sawed
off but still in the rail I took out. This was worse on the port side.
something happened to the port side of the boat over the years, and in
general it was more beaten up. I think the boat was port side to the dock,
and in a place with some movement, which banged things up a bit.

The rudder is back on - tickled pink with that. Here are pics - write up to
follow.
https://alberg30maintenance.wordpress.com/2019/03/25/rudder-work-3-coming-back-together/

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:30 AM Mike Lehman via Public-List <

> Jonathan, I have some appropriate sized PVC strips if is temporary that you
> may have...also have some delrin for a more permanent installation. You are
> welcome to have it. Just let me know
>
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019, 10:44 AM David Tessier via Public-List <
>
> > I used black UHMW to back my spinnaker topping lift track.
> > And have seen discussions about using the same for other tracks.
> >
> > Removing A30 Genoa tracks which are on the toe rail and share fasteners
> > with the hull deck joint, may require special care lest the toe rail
> > (pre-liner boats anyway) spring out...  Seems to me there may have been
> > some discussion about this.
> >
> > David Tessier #319

Jonathan Adams
443-223-2534