[Public-List] The photo of stern tube parts--very helpful!

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Feb 5 19:04:37 PST 2019

Hi, Marcelo,

If your stern tube has been replaced, I don't know what they did.
Perhaps they replaced it with a fiberglass tube.

The stern tube should be held in place by caulk. If the caulk holds.
then unscrewing the cutless bearing housing shouldn't turn the tube. Nor
should it be feasible to pull out the stern tube with the cutless
bearing housing.  That's the purpose of the caulk, not waterproofing.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org