[Public-List] Wagner PaintEater for doing your bottom.

Anders Bro abro.gtu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:18:05 PST 2019

I know that I mentioned it before on this site, and there was a fair amount
of objection, but I stand by my experience using a slick (a long handled,
wide chisel) for taking off the bottom paint. The weak ablative paint just
peaks off in wide swaths (the width of the slick), with minimal effort. I
have had no problem with damaging the underlying gelcoat, as was stayed by
others. The paint comes off as chips rather than dust, so is much more
manageable. I suggest you give it a try (maybe $50 for a slick on eBay) and
if it doesn't work for you, chalk it up to experience. I doubt it would
work however on hard bottom paint.
Anders