[Public-List] Galley Sink

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Jul 9 09:47:25 PDT 2019

Well I suppose the idea of reducing hull penetrations by one is good in principal, think of issue of running a hose to the head from the sink drain.

When I was Exec Director of Toronto Brigantine Inc, we had a fellow on our board who was a Hungarian-born engineer. A couple of times during technical discussions about our brigs, he’d catch my eye across the meeting and slowly raise his right hand, reach over his head and scratch is left ear.

I asked him after a meeting what that meant,.

He said ’the easy and efficient way to scratch your left ear is like this… with your left hand.  Those guys were talking about doing it like this (demonstrating the move with the right hand over the head again…)

Brilliant, i thought,   When I do it these days, I always footnote it to him, if people ask me what I’m doing.

So, with regard to running a tube diagonally through the boat to the head, and coping with the suction issues of Teeing it from the sink fitting… I’m scratching my left ear with my right hand now.,..

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com
#426 Surprise