[Public-List] Galley Sink

Paul Wilson dcmcrider at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:05:52 PDT 2019

Again, getting into my "standard practices" and what I tell crew using the
head: do whatever you came to do, then open seacock, pump as necessary to
remove whatever's in there, close seacock when finished. Harder to do when
it's under the galley sink. Having a loop that's teed off the galley
seawater intake and then drops under the cabin sole creates all sorts of
siphon "opportunities." I was once on a small sailing vessel, which shall
remain nameless, and she lacked an anti-siphon loop from the head intake.
Open the seacock and the head bowl would fill--no pumping required. The
boat's owner cheerfully described this as the hidden "bidet"
feature--especially exciting for the unwary who might choose to open the
seacock before taking a seat for the "performance."

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 12:40 PM David A. Bardsley via Public-List <