[Public-List] cockpit hatch

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Fri Mar 8 06:17:22 PST 2019

     My boat had a Bomar hatch added when I bought it. Bomars, as you
know, are pretty costly. The smoky plastic in mine has cracked - not
stout enough for the hits it takes when someone steps down on it from a
cockpit seat.  I have reinforced it (rather than replaced it).

     My advice when installing a hatch - or almost anything - is to be
VERY careful in measuring and considering what might be in the way or
inconvenient. I have installed a couple of things that with more thought
would have been better placed a couple of inches differently and after
cutting a hole in fiberglass can't be moved.

  - Gordon White

Brigadoon II (275)