[Public-List] Deck Hull Seal

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 02:40:39 PDT 2019

Greg,

Could you tell us a bit more about the issue?
How large a section of the deck to hull joint do you need to redo?
What section? By the bow? By the cockit? Where?

Some folks have ground down the outer few inches of the deck
and the top few inches of the hull in order to put a couple layers of
fiberglass tape over the joint.  Its work and scratchy work at that,
but the result is a very strong joint that cannot leak.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 9:13 PM Greg via Public-List <

> Hi Folks,I need to redo my hull to deck seal. 1. I've been assuming that I
> need to drop the mast but thought I should confirm that. It would be a lot
> simpler if I don't need to.2. What sealant are folks using these days.3.
> Anything to look out for?Regards,Greg

Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262
Annapolis/Eastport MD