[Public-List] Props and Fuel Returns.

Andrew Johns johnsab9 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:15:34 PDT 2020

Our return is "T" ed into the vent line at the tank with no issues.

We have a fixed 3 blade 12X10 DJ355 Michigan Wheel prop.  Freshly rebuilt
18hp Westerbeke with a 2.05 ratio.

On flat water max speed is 6.4 kts at 3200rpm (engine is governed to 3400).

Typical cruise is 5.5 kts  at 2500 we average around 1/2 gal per hour.

Overall we are happy with the setup, I could probably go with a little more
pitch and drop the RPMs at cruise a bit, but I would lose the extra power
on the top end.

- Andrew
ECOLA #104
Lake Champlain, VT  (headed to the Chesapeake next week)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:50 AM charles pleisse via Public-List <