[Public-List] Engine beds for universal engine

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:58:59 PDT 2020

Hello, Charles,

I have #249 from 1967 and had new beds installed for my universal m320 b
diesel.It’s probably similar to yours, very.   It had been installed on
regular atomic four beds. They were fiberglass and were sagging under the
weight and vibration of the diesel. The guys installed hefty new wood
stringers on each side for the engine to sit upon. It cost me about $3000
15 years ago, not the cheapest, but they also reinstalled the engine and
did a proper job with shaft alignment.

 I have a couple photos somewhere, and if I find them I’ll send them to
you. It is a good idea to replace the original engine beds if you’re
putting in a diesel, for sure.

Best regards,

Randy katz
Simple gifts