[Public-List] Engine beds for universal dieselnengine

Randy Katz randy.katz50 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 18:37:34 PDT 2020

Hello, Charles,

Yes, #249 is a pre-liner boat. And yes, the replacement wood stringers went
in the same place as the original fiberglass stringers made for the
original Atomic 4 engine. Dimensions were essentially the same, give or
take tiny bits, in order to fit my same diesel engine (M 3-20B) in the same
place. They were extended a bit for and aft for more surface area
attachment to the hull.

Here are a couple of photos (attached) of the job when new--nearly 20 years
ago. (Others: send a request and I'll email them to you.) They used
hardwood for the stringers and a special kind of fiberglass that is rock
hard. (They really are!). There are 1/4" aluminum straps at the top of each
stringer into which they drilled and tapped holes for the engine mount
bolts.

Hope this helps. Best of luck, contact me any time if you have other
questions.

We have a grrrrreat boat!

Randy Katz
Simple Gifts #249