[Public-List] Deck Penetration for Mast Wires

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Thu Mar 5 12:14:28 PST 2020

Jonathan,

I've thought about something like
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyhouse.com/images/products/zoom/5-414-3.jpg
to keep water intrusion out in all but the most extreme conditions. The
wires can come out of this and go to the hole in the side of the mast.
I've been thinking about this for years, but still have the leaky gland
nut (similar to
https://www.plastimo.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/small_image/210x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/a/nav_15238___1.jpg)
through the deck.

I've got the old RG-8U antenna cable, so have a UHF through-bulkhead
connector https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MZwAAOSwA4dWMqDH/s-l640.jpg
going through the deck with separate wires connected above and below decks.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org