[Public-List] Jim Sharp's Museum

Greg Bover gregbover at cbfisk.com
Wed Sep 23 04:21:46 PDT 2020

I will echo Gordon White's recommendation of Jim Sharp's Rockland, Maine museum. Jim donated the 1926 Knockabout Schooner Adventure (122') to a non-profit in Gloucester, Mass. on which I serve as a board member and Ship's Carpenter. He's a fascinating fellow with a great knack for storytelling, and just about every artifact in the place has a story to go with it. Rockland is very welcoming to the transient sailor, the Harbormaster's facility is excellent, Hamilton Marine is just down the street, and the Farnsworth Art Museum is very much worth a visit as well. It is the first port of call in any visit to the incomparable sailing in Penobscot Bay.

Greg Bover
A-30 #114
PENSIVE FLYER
Gloucester, Mass.