[Public-List] Winches for Alberg 30

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:39:19 PDT 2021

If you mean the flat, bronze winch handles, they're hard to find.
I've built up a small collection over the years, because as you
have found out they don't float. They are not being made
any more. I got some from eBay and some from various used
boat stuff places. If you Google "South Coast winch" or
"South Coast winch handle" you should be able to get some
relevant hits. Although the first hit is "rigrite.com" which has
very antique page but no antique winches or handles.

Take a careful measurement of the size of the slot, there were
several different sizes. Also, while South Coast made most
of the flat type winches, there were a few other companies,
with varying degrees of compatibility.

Worst case scenario, you can use a bit of aluminum bar of the
right dimensions as a temporary handle. It won't have the lock,
but it will be cheap.

SG