[Public-List] Alberg 30 Sail Plan

Marcelo D. Gentinetta vanguard64 at cox.net
Mon Mar 8 06:46:00 PST 2021

Like Daniel, we sail Lake Pontchartrain and Gulf Coast. In the fall through spring, we sail double reefed almost all the time as fronts move through and leave you with 15-20k winds to sail with. A few months ago, with gusts to 25, and just the 140, the weather helm was very excessive and tiresome. Now, the dog days of summer are a different story. Perhaps I just need a smaller “winter” sail on the furler, something like Daniel has.